James White Drinks recognises the importance of a healthy environment to our community, our business and economy, being conscious of our impacts in the environment including greenhouse gas emissions. We will strive to improve our environmental performance, seek ways to engage our staff, customers and local community and encourage the use of recycled materials wherever possible.
James White Drinks production complies with the existing environmental regulations and seeks the reduction of pollution, emissions and waste, trying at the same time to maximize recycling and reuse opportunities:
- The disposable cardboard, plastic and glass is collected by recognised companies who make use of them to produce recycled materials;
- Our general liquid is contained, collected and disposed of in accordance with current legislation;
- Our fruit and vegetables pulp is collected by local farmers who then uses it for livestock;
- We monitor and record water, gas, oil and electricity consumption in comparison to production, aiming a progressive efficiency and reduction;
- Staff are trained in the energy efficient operation of the business and are encouraged to ensure that energy efficiency procedures are maintained.
Our baseline carbon footprint based upon 2014/2015 operations has been calculated to be 279.9 tonnes of CO2e. Comparing with the previous year we had 3% increase of tCO2e for a 10% increase in production figures which corresponds a net reduction in 6% of tCO2e/production units.
After a reduction of 29% on electricity and 14.3% on gas oil consumption per unit of production facing 2012/2013 we intend to go even further and we have identified the following reduction targets:
- Reduce our grid electricity consumption by 5% by the end of 2017
- Reduce our gas oil consumption per unit of production by 5% by the end of 2017
Through this policy and the associated action plan, James White Drinks will continue to promote awareness of environmental considerations in all other areas and seek to continually reduce our environmental impact and grow our business sustainably.